Daddy, Mom, Tracy, Michael & Tina

Daddy, Mom, Tracy, Michael & Tina
Daddy, Momma, Tracy, Michael, Tina

Friday, April 20, 2012

For Me, He Died

Several years back, when my children were in their early teenage years, they had the opportunity to be part of an outdoor living drama about the life of Christ. My youngest son Brad was chosen to play Jesus in his younger years especially a scene of him preaching at the temple. My oldest son Brent was chosen to be one of the guards and my daughter Jessica one of the many who followed Jesus. It was a wonderful presentation and made to be as realistic as possible, but it was hard on my son being one of the guards.

On opening night my Brother and his family came to see the play. My nephew Colton, who was four at the time, quietly watched as each scene unfolded never saying a word. When it was time for the guards to beat Jesus, they loudly went through the motions and actions of the beating and then there was a moment of quiet, for all to absorb what had just taken place. It was then, in that stillness Colton said “Daddy why is Brent being mean to Jesus?” Everyone around us had tears streaming down their face. Even a four year old knew this was wrong.

Today, many would have you believe this is a fable, a story from years ago. I did not witness these horrible people and what they did. I wasn’t born; it was many years ago, even older than my grandparents. I didn’t hear the angry crowds curse and spit on him, but I know it is the truth of what happened and I believe He died for me. As a compassionate person, and a Mother I cannot bear this part of the story without my heart breaking even as I write this. How could they not see He was not guilty? This happened because of things we do, choices we make instead of following God’s word. It was God’s plan. He loves us enough to have His son die for our sake.

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Savior, today is the day you need to make the decision to change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment